Saturday, September 7, 2013

Tobago one-day Painting Retreat with Omesh Cain

My first big and 'real' painting


Of all of the creative disciplines in existence, painting is the one that I never really felt I could "get". Other than basic dabbling, I never really got into it.

Recently I was introduced to visiting artist, Omesh Cain and his partner. I checked out Omesh's website (http://www.omeshcain.com/) and, while reading how he described 'Creativity' and 'Inspiration', something resonated and I felt: "I want to do a workshop with him."

He invited me to come to their home to paint, saying: "You will need to paint for the entire day"—and he would show me various techniques.

To cut a long story short, the painting shown here emerged in about 6 hours or less. I did not think about it or plan what it would be. The first few hours were spent applying layer after layer randomly and without thought to the canvas. At a certain point Omesh told me to look at the painted surface and see whatever was coming out of it. After a while I saw the eye of a horse ... and the rest flowed from there. It was like magic. It was all there already.

I am hooked.

Omesh will be giving a one-day workshop in Tobago in October. From experience, I assure you it is definitely worth attending. Details are below:

PAINTING RETREAT
Sunningdale 10, Mt. Irvine, Tobago
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 5th October 2013
$800TT per person, including lunch and refreshments.

Bring your own acrylic paints.

60 x 80 cm board provided.

Minimum 3 persons.

$300 down payment required by Friday 27th September 2013

For more details, please contact Omesh at (868) 484-7527.


1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

I am so excited that you did this! Your horse(s) are wonderful. I see two!?